08 abril, 2012

Shelter

«Walking with each other, think we'd never match at all, but we do»

It feels like home, each and every time.
After what seemed an eternal and permanent struggle, I finally feel I can stop fighting. I am finally home, safe.
After what is an existance out in the cold hard world, I feel warm in this stillness, in this comfortable sanctuary. Here I don't have to worry about loneliness. Here, the pieces fit beautifully, incredibly.
When I'm tired, when I'm happy, when I'm sorrowful or I see my walls collapsing at my feet, I turn to you. I look for you, even if only in my mind, where I find you everytime. I seek these timeless moments, away from the rest of the world, away from all the problems that haunt us. Here there's only you, and me.
When I'm crumbling to pieces or when I can't see any light around me, I close my eyes and picture a brighter day, a future with you by my side, the joy that lingers whenever I'm in your presence. No matter what happens tomorrow, no matter what changes, who stays or who goes, whether my dreams come true or not, I know I'll have you through it all; I know you'll stay with me in the good moments, but also during the bad ones, as you've done so many times before.
I almost become fearless about the things I dread or at least should - I no longer sense that absolute fear that comes with this level of uncertainty, of a new life. I understand that everything will be different and amazingly difficult, nonetheless I also know that in every step of that dusty road I'll be walking with you. I know you'll be there and that is enough. We have each other and that's more than I ever dreamed of.
Here's safe, here's home.

Sem comentários: