24 agosto, 2010

This is not a love story. It's a story about love. (1)

People often spend their lives trying to find, define and quantify love.
Are any of those three possible? I couldn't say.
I'm not one of them, trying to achieve by words, something that doesn't make any sense or follows normal rules. There are no rules in love, except the ones from the heart.
We know love can be difficult and hardworking.
It leads us through pain, loneliness and mourning, satisfaction, hapiness and euphoria while doubt and jealousy take control in a gigantic spiral of restlessness.
Have I felt like that? Maybe once, but not really.
I never felt my heart jumping in my throat,
I never felt anxious butterflies trying to escape from my stomach,
I never felt an electric shock from toe to head just by touching someone.
I never felt my world stopping and falling apart just by looking at someone!
Yeah... I know. How can I be sure that those are the real symptoms of love?
The answer is strangely simple: I'm not. I can't be sure.
By now, I don't know anything. Not about love anyway.
I had big plans about this text. About the message I wanted to send, about the spirit of it. To spread the word that love is a great thing. That all you really need is love. But then, I started watching that theory coming undone right in front of me. That great love of mine only brings pain and destruction...
I'm not even sure if I believe in love, now, but the truth is...I don't know.
It's alway messy and hard.
I wanna believe though! I do! Just can't be sure if I should.
Until then, I'll have to search and learn more about it.
Will I be able?

To be continued...

1 comentário:

Liliana disse...

ola joana, ainda bem que gostas-te do que escrevi.
Eu também gostei do que vi aqui no teu blog.
boa sorte ;)