25 maio, 2013

Remain Nameless

After the war. After the fear. After death.
They all stand and rise. They fall and rise again.
These people are long gone, but they are still here.
They remain, timeless. They remain, nameless?
They were once very much alive.
Walking the streets of the world, everywhere.
Witnesses to everything, they suffered. And laughed, I hope.
Only to more chaos, more obliterating rage.
What they called home, shattered to pieces.
Beauty, vanished. Life, destroyed. Dreams, crushed.
But not forever. The golden days would return.
I see them and they are alive. They are alive to me.
It is like nothing ever changed. Time stopped.
They didn't - couldn't - know what the years would bring.
How precious the knowledge of daily affairs would become.
Face upon face, building after building, I see it all.
The majestic river, the tower, the arch. They still live.
And they will never be forgotten in oblivion again.



London, 1927

Sem comentários: