I was noticing the beautiful things. Everything seemed to fall into place perfectly. There was balace, there was peace. And I believe I felt complete again - the storm had gone down to the sea, the fire that burned in my heart had died down.
Suddenly I was understanding the whys and the hows; I was looking at the world in ways I had never thought about.
They were always here, around me. These beautiful things, they never left me. But I didn't seem to notice them before.
I saw what was there, the way they belonged to their surroundings, though I also saw what wasn't. What was yet to be, the possibilities, the ideas, the future, the happiness. I saw us.
Where I seized to exist and I got lost, immersed in this ocean of beauty. The beauty of the world.
I saw them for what they were, simple, fragile, graceful and so incredibly familiar. They were joyous in their silent lives. They refused to give away their secrets, but they still told me plenty. They spoke of another life I had, a very old one - and I recognized the loveliness of all of it, I embraced it in me.
The open window let the light come in, it allowed life to swallow the darkness. Here, there's no room for chaos, or destruction or misery. It contains what is especial, and rare, and precious. And beautiful. Here there's room to contemplate how the ceiling is upside down and how that doesn't matter at all. Maybe the ceiling is where I'll walk from now on. Maybe all these shapes and forms, the edges and the shadows are just that. But they also contain something else. Something pure, something real. They enabled me to think like I had nothing to lose; they gave me clarity to see that maybe some things don't matter at all, that the way the world moves doesn't concern me. It shouldn't. It allowed me to forgive, perhaps even me. It allowed me to breathe.
Everything was very much alive, magical like. I closed my eyes, filled with the quietness, the utter peace that silenced the pain and despair. I closed my eyes and saw them all. The beautiful things.
1 comentário:
E como és tão talentosa, até em inglês resulta bem! Parabéns! (:
Enviar um comentário