17 junho, 2013

Picture of Us

«It was rare, I was there, I remember it, all too well..»


I remember it. I remember it as if months hadn't passed by, as if distance hadn't separated us.
For once, I was truly and utterly happy, adrift in pure joy of waking up, because that would bring me your face again. I did not have to hide out in day dreams - or night ones.
Treasuring every single moment like the rarest gem, I look back and realize those times are forever untouched, always to be thought of as heaven on my very earth.
If I close my eyes, I open them to see you looking at me, then; so peaceful, staring into the depths of my eyes, so openly, so purely, so freely and honestly that I could feel - no - I could see the love. I could sense the warmth of your love for me, through those heart-melting, heart-breakingly sweet honeyed blue eyes.
Right then, in those silent, still minutes, I knew. I knew we had each other, no matter what happened or what would come along. We were there, in one another and that was the only thing that counted. You were everything.
I got lost in you, diving into your core with every strength in me. It was the only thing I wanted. It still is...
My mind is a busy place, always filled with many ideas of what was, of what is and of what it will be. Sort of an unreal living, always torn between what I should want and what I actually do. But you are always my choice, it's always you. It has always been you.
And then I see this picture of us, so hopeful, so glad to have each second possible and available, desperatly trying to hold on to the past days, to what was left. Trying to hold on to each other, for we knew life would win the battle. But not the war.
I see this picture of us and I can't help to smile, to feel a sudden wave of memories wash over me like cleansing water. Flashbacks of those impossibly perfect moments fill me with chills and I know that what we have is special. That what we had was something uncommon, something incredibly rare. One of a kind.
And I know, in those moments, you were really happy. I was happy. We were happy, we existed. We are ever lasting...

Sem comentários: